Thursday, November 18, 2010

Career Exploration

As a school activity I had to sit through a scheduled career exploration seminar thing with my class. We did profiling on ourselves, endless profiling, and we came up with potential jobs. The average student had over 20 suggestions of career types that would fit their interests and personalities. I had 7. They recommend that I would like working in the medical field. Which is true, medicine and the human body has always fascinated me, and it is indeed where I want to be and what I want to do with my life. But according to them I don't want interaction with live human beings if I don't have to. They recommend that I work with dead people. I laughed. Then realized this wasn't the first time it had crossed my mind. I had always found a great amount of relief and a sense of peace and solitude while alone. I even would go as far as to say I prefer to be by myself and I am for the most part. After coming to this realization I promptly turned to my friend and said, "That's it! That's what I need! I need to work with corpses!" Maybe the counselors and the Career Exploration program isn't a bunch of crap after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment