Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Life has always been complicated. It seems the only way to learn is by learning it the hard way. Learning by trial and error. Over the past few weeks I have figured out that life isn't about friends, popularity, and being judged. What really matters is family and the things that you hold dear that are of actual importance. I learned that while others may say they need you, that you need to do what's best for you and that walking away, even though it hurts, is ok. It's good to step away and look to see if I am where I want to be and see if there is anyone or anything getting in the way of me being happy. Looking back at this last week, when I took that step back, I decided to stay close and stick with the people who have stuck with me without judging. Those people are few and far between. The love I find with these people can not be found anywhere else. Not in disloyal friends. Not in vanity. Nor popularity. I once heard that sanity is a form of comformity. If that is the case than I guess you could call me insane. In all this mess and drama I have learned to love my mother so very dearly. I am not sure where I would be without her. We've had rough times but we've always pulled through eventually. I admire her relationship with her mum and I hope that one day I may have that relationship with my mum. My mother is my constant. Everything around me may be changing but she stays the same.

Another person who had been such a blessing in my life is Auntie Jules. She's taught me so much just in these last few weeks. Life lessons that would have been brutally taught if it weren't for her. She provides me with a "safe place" away from home and makes my life so much easier and I will never be able to repay her for the kindness, love and compassion she's showed me.

My Nana, since she's moved back from Georgia, has also taught me so much and has showed me how to live comfortably. She's taught me by example how to be a good wife, and a good mother. I admire her so much for her amazing personality and her ability to love me.




Same with my Grandpa. No idea where I would be without him. He is such a remarkable man who has, also, taught me so much. I learn from his expiriences that he tells me and also usually get a good laugh in too. I know if there is ever anyone I can go to and have someone to lean on it will be him. I am so grateful for all the times that I have used him as my crutch and a shoulder to cry on.


Last but not least I need to thank my step dad, Mike, for stepping in and assuming the role of another Daddy. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

Oh! And another thanks to all my friends, true friends, who have put up with me. Thank you. I love you all!

Thank you all so much. I'd be lost without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment