Friday, June 25, 2010

Lesson 1.1

Today was an utter disaster. May I repeat disaster. I woke up and the first thing on my agenda was to talk my father into getting a dog. My siblings and I cried, pleaded, bargained, and manipulated and got my dad to agree to the dog. We found a dog that we all loved brought her home, and tried to introduce "Anna", our new black lab, to our home and way of life. She was a sweetheart but between her trying to eat the cats, and the cats trying to attack her it was obvious that it was a failed attempt. After about 2-3 hours she was on her way back to where she came from. We were all bummed, the children cried, and mum took us through a lecture about how we had made promises to be our cats "people" first. After a few minutes of silence, Ray started crying and saying she wanted to keep Anna. Mikey piped up with the response, "It's ok Ray now we can go get a bunny!" Oy Vey.

On another note, I am recovering quite well. Everyday gets a little better. I even had the strength and felt good enough to go sit out in the pool. First day out I got sunburned and bitten by mosquitoes.






Lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment