"Depression sucks, no one would choose to have it. And if you can't choose to have it you can't just choose not to. So instead of telling depressed people to snap out of it or choose to be happy, read up on it, become part of the solution. No this isn't a forward and I don't care if you post this as your status!"
When I read that status update on facebook my heart gave a tiny squeeze of momentary joy. I just wanted to thank the people who recognize that depression isn't an attitude adjustment. It means a lot to those who are struggling with a mental disease. It's hard enough as it is without judgments being passed. It's much appreciated to be acknowledged and recognized as someone other than a party pooper. Here's to all of you who make living with a mental disorder easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment